The institutional and technical details about the International Turkic World Half Marathon is given below. You can browse the information about the competition and its content on this page.
THE TURKISH ATHLETIC FEDERATION 2022 SEASON
INTERNATIONAL TURKIC WORLD HALF MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIP STATUS
DATE AND PLACE OF THE COMPETITION
NOVEMBER 13, 2022- BURSA
COMPETITION REGISTRATION LINK
SEPTEMBER 1 - OCTOBER 31, 2022 17:00
COMPETITION CHIP DISTRIBUTION
NOVEMBER 13, 2022 09.00-15.00
DATE AND PLACE OF THE COMPETITION TECHNICAL MEETING
NOVEMBER 13, 2022- 16.00 MİLLET BAHÇESİ
1. The International Turkic World Half Marathon Championship will be held in Bursa on November 13, 2022 in accordance with the Athletics Federation Competition Instructions, WA Competition rules, and the special provisions in this statute.
2. In accordance with the provisions of the TAF Competition Rules;
- Athletes born in and before 2004 can participate in the competitions.
3. Athletes invited from the countries such as Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and 1071 athletes across the country will be accepted.
4. Approximately 30 athletes from Turkey, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus will be invited to the International Turkic World Half Marathon competitions through the federation. Their expenses will be covered by the organizing committee. Land transportation fees will be paid to the athletes who will participate in the marathon from Turkey.
5. Athletes will participate in the competitions with their 2022 visa licenses. License checks will be made with no-contact. Athletes who do not have a club or individual license will not be admitted to the competitions. In case of detection, those who do not have a license and participated in the competitions without a visa will be referred to the disciplinary committee.
6. The competition is only open to the participation of specified Turkic World athletes. Foreign national athletes must present their passports during registration.
7. The organization will be held by Bursa Kültür A.S., which organizes the preparations for health, safety, transportation, and competition track for the International Turkic World Half Marathon.
8. Participants are limited to 1,071 in the country and are required to deposit a participation fee of 100 Turkish Liras.
9. The finishing time for the International Turkic World Half Marathon has been determined as 2.30:00 hours. The track will be opened to traffic gradually, and the athletes who have not yet completed the track after this time period may continue to run on the pavement, but they cannot be included in the ranking.
10. In the International Turkic World Half Marathon, time measurement will be made with the chip system. The chip distribution will continue until 17.00 before the technical meeting. The number printed on athletes' shirts will be prepared by the organization in a different color for the invited athletes for women and men, and on a different color background for the domestic athletes who participate.
11. Athletes will comply with the measures taken by the organization regarding COVID-19.
12. Athletes living in Turkey with a Turkish ID card and a temporary identity document must enter their HES (Life Fits Into Home) codes into the system during registration. Athletes found to be in the risky category will not be admitted to the competition. Foreign national participants are required to submit their PCR test results within the last 72 hours at the technical meeting.
1. The International Turkic World Half Marathon is the first of its kind, as it will be run at night.
2. Foreign athletes who will participate in the competitions are required to provide information to their country federation that they will participate in the competition.
3. Water and special beverage stations will be installed on the track as specified in the rule. There will be toilet stations at various points, and these will be shown on the track with directions.
4. Beverages/ food will be provided by the organizer. Athletes are allowed to provide their own beverage/food. In this case, the athlete will inform at which station the beverage/food will be ready. The beverage/food provided by the athlete shall be kept under the supervision of the officials appointed by the organizers from the moment it is given by the athlete and the athlete's representative. Officers must ensure that beverages are not destroyed or altered (World Athletics TR55.8.4).
5. The organization committee will determine the area where beverages/food will be taken with installation barriers, tables or by marking the ground. This area should not be on the same line as the measured track. The beverage/food should be placed in a way that is easily accessible or it can be handed over to the athletes by authorized officials. These officials should be within the determined area and should not enter the competition area in order not to prevent any athlete. Under no circumstances can any official run next to the athlete while taking beverage/food (World Athletics TR55.8.5).
6. Athletes may carry their beverage/food in their hands or attached to their body, provided that it has been carried or taken from an official station since the start of the race (World Athletics TR55.8.7).
7. Except for any health problem or direction, if the athlete gets beverage/food from somewhere outside the official stations or receives beverage/ food belonging to another athlete, s/he will first be warned by the referee with a yellow card. In the second error, the chief referee will show a red card and the athlete will be disqualified. In this case, the athlete must leave the competition area immediately (World Athletics TR55.8.8).
NOTE: An athlete can give a beverage to another athlete or take beverage/food from another athlete, provided that they are carrying it from the beginning of the race or have taken it from the official station. However, the constant supply of beverages by an athlete to one or more athletes may be seen as unfair assistance. In this case, this athlete may be warned and/or disqualified.
8. In road races, the athlete may leave the track under the permission and supervision of the official, provided that s/he does not reduce the distance (World Athletics TR55.9).
9. If the chief referee is sure that an athlete has shortened the distance by leaving the track upon the report of a referee or assistant referee, s/he will disqualify that athlete (World Athletics TR55.10).
FINANCIAL MATTERS AND AWARD:
10. After the competition, Bursa Kültür A.S. will pay the prize fees to the athletes who take the top 10 places in women and men, in kind and in cash.
11. The athletes participating in the competition as elite athletes with the domestic federation list will only be paid by considering the highway current market value.
12- Special awards will be given to male and female athletes who rank in the 16th place since 16 is Bursa's license plate number.
13. The overall ranking award shall be as follows:
OVERALL RANKING AWARDS
GRAND TOTAL OF PRIZE: 304,000 TL
14. Athletes with Turkish ID will receive their awards in cash and in kind at the award ceremony to be held after the competition.
15. Awards will be covered by Bursa Büyükşehir Belediyesi Kültür A.S.
The technical delegate assigned by the Athletics Federation of Turkey is responsible for the technical issues of the competitions. Disputes regarding technical issues likely to occur during the competitions shall be resolved by the technical delegate.
Name-Surname: Hatice AKBAS